Bitwarden CLI and LDAP (Directory Connector) Expertise Needed
- cron job CLI sync of Samba 4 LDAP (AD) and Vaultwarden users / groups.
- smtp configured via CLI so email sent to invite new users upon successful sync
We are setting up Vaultwarden, an opensource variant of Bitwarden on a test server. Our need is to determine how to connect to our LDAP environment using Directory Connector but using only CLI tools.
Our environment is:
- Ubuntu Server 22.04
- Vaultwarden (an opensource variant of Bitwarden)
- Samba 4 (works as Active Directory domain controller)
- Our server is publicaly accessible with DNS provided by Cloudflare.
- The software has been installed so all commands only run under a specific user and not root.
We have succeeded in installing Vaultwarden
- Vaultwarden comes up properly at its web interface
We have succeeded in installing Vaultwarden CLI using their preferred method (NPM)
- command ‘bw’ provides responses as expected indicating it is installed
We have succeeded in installing the Windows GUI on a desktop computer that can reach the server via our internal network.
- We HAVE succeeded in syncing our LDAP with Windows Directory Connector pointing to our server on the internal network.
We have succeeded in installing Vaultwarden Directory Connector CLI
- The command ‘bwdc’ provides respondses as expected indicating it is installed
- We have NOT succeeded in syncing our LDAP with Directory Connector CLI on the localhost environment.
PROBLEMS I AM EXPERIENCING:
Typing the command:
bwdc login client_id / client_secret
Do not know where or how to configure this.
HOW YOU SHOULD REPLY:
- I am trying to hire someone to help me through this. Please do not try to fix this with ChatGPT. I have already explored ChatGPT and need someone with the knowledge. I do not wish to “learn together” I wish to be taught.
- To solve this I will ask that you login to my desktop via a zoom meeting so I can record the solution. It is more important that I learn how it works than it just works.
Thanks for considering this job.