Rebranding of Vaultwarden

Dear colleagues,

I’m working at an university und we are thinking about using Vaultwarden for our users. Even Vaultwarden is an open source software product I’m contacting you because I’d like to know if you would agree on a rebranding, so that Vaultwarden would fit better in our service porfolio. For example make it available via an URL that suits our needs.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Kind regards
Wolferlw

You can use any url you want. Not sure what a rebrand will provide.

Hi BlackDex,
thank you for your fast reply. I’ll have to talk with our communications department what it means in detail do adapt Vaultwarden to or Corporate Identitiy. I’ll contact you if I have further details.
Kind regards
Wolferlw

You can change what ever you want It’s Open Source.
Vaultwarden is AGPLv3, so if you make any changes to the server code you need to provide the changed source to everyone who is able to use it.

The web-vault is GPLv3 which in theory doesn’t need that, but would always be good in the sense of transparency.

If you want to remove the naming Vaultwarden and put in Corporate X, you can, but that will only work for the web-vault. All other clients are still being called Bitwarden.

Hi BlackDex,
thank you very much for your fast and clear reply.
Now I know what we are able to do and what are the responsibilities and impacts.
Kind regards
Wolferlw