Organization Woes with Bitwarden Browser Extensions

I’m running Vaultwarden and I have the Bitwarden browser extensions/add-ons/clients for Firefox and Chrome, and the Android App.

In my vault, I have several organisations (organizations), ordered alphabetically;

“{$CHILD1_NAME}” with collections “Facts/{$CHILD1_NAME}”, “Financials/{$CHILD1_NAME}” and “Logins/{$CHILD1_NAME}”
“{$CHILD2_NAME}” with collections “Facts/{$CHILD2_NAME}”, “Financials/{$CHILD2_NAME}” and “Logins/{$CHILD2_NAME}”
“Entertainment Services” with collections “Facts”, “Logins”, “Financials”, “Logins/Local” and “Logins/Streaming”
“Jon” with collections “Facts/Jon”, “Logins/Jon”, “Financials/Jon”, “Hosting” and “Org”
“Jon Work” with collections “Logins/Jon/Work” and “Financials/Jon/Work”
“{$WIFE_NAME}” with collections “Facts/{$WIFE_NAME}”, “Financials/{$WIFE_NAME}” and “Logins/{$WIFE_NAME}”
“Parents” with collections “Financials/Parents”, “Logins/Parents”, “Logins/Services”, “Logins/Wifi”

In the browser extensions (across Windows, Mac and Linux), when it opens, it always defaults to $CHILD1_NAME, instead of “all vaults”. Selecting another vault and then navigating into any other control (folder, item type, etc) will reset it back to $CHILD1_NAME.

In the web interface to the vault, I see the list of names as:
$CHILD1_NAME
Jon
Parents
$WIFE_NAME
Entertainment Services
Jon Work
$CHILD2_NAME
Note the above image is sanitised and has two additional groups that are otherwise unmentioned…

$CHILD1 is a member of the organisations “$CHILD1_NAME” and “Entertainment Services”
$CHILD2 is a member of the organisations “$CHILD2_NAME” and “Entertainment Services”
$WIFE is a member of “$WIFE_NAME”, “Entertainment Services” but also “$CHILD1_NAME”, “$CHILD2_NAME”, “Parents” and “Jon”
I am a member of all the same groups as $WIFE, and also “Jon Work”.

I can’t get my finger on what’s happening here that shouldn’t be - do the devs have any ideas?

This is a bug in Bitwarden. It’s already reported, and they thought they fixed it. But it isn’t unfortunately.

Does the same happen in Bitwarden too? Also, do we have a link to the Bitwarden bug so we can report it as still being an issue?

See here Wrong vault sorting · dani-garcia/vaultwarden · Discussion #3005 · GitHub

And here for Upstream Organization sort order is not alphabetical · Issue #4263 · bitwarden/clients · GitHub

Where we already mentioned it still is broken.
But it probably doesn’t hurt to bump it again.