[SOLVED] Issue connecting with Android client

I have a Raspberry Pi 4 running Manjaro ARM hosting the latest image of vaultwarden. all packages are up to date, let’s encrypt cert and cert chain are good, and system is accessible via WAN when using the web client.

It’s just the Android client that is having issues. I’ve tried some of the suggestions in the Android thread from 2020 but can’t see anythin that would be germane to my setup.

Here’s my configurations:


#user http;
worker_processes  1;

#error_log  logs/error.log;
#error_log  logs/error.log  notice;
#error_log  logs/error.log  info;

#pid        logs/nginx.pid;

events {
    worker_connections  1024;

http {
    include       mime.types;
    default_type  application/octet-stream;

    #log_format  main  '$remote_addr - $remote_user [$time_local] "$request" '
    #                  '$status $body_bytes_sent "$http_referer" '
    #                  '"$http_user_agent" "$http_x_forwarded_for"';

    #access_log  logs/access.log  main;

    sendfile        on;
    #tcp_nopush     on;

    #keepalive_timeout  0;
    keepalive_timeout  65;

    #gzip  on;

    include sites-enabled/*;


server {
    if ($host = <<redacted>>) {
        return 301 https://$host$request_uri;
    } # managed by Certbot

    listen 80;
    listen [::]:80;
    server_name <<redacted>>;
    return 301 https://$host$request_uri;


server {
    listen 443 ssl http2;
    server_name <<redacted>>;
    ssl_certificate /etc/letsencrypt/live/<<redacted>>/fullchain.pem; # managed by Certbot
    ssl_certificate_key /etc/letsencrypt/live/<<redacted>>/privkey.pem; # managed by Certbot
    ssl_dhparam /etc/ssl/certs/dhparam.pem;

    # Allow large attachments
    client_max_body_size 128M;

    location / {
      proxy_set_header Host $host;
      proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
      proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
      proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
    location /notifications/hub {
      proxy_http_version 1.1;
      proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
      proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";
    location /notifications/hub/negotiate {


Issue has been resolved. I did copy the Nginx config from the wiki, but I think the major issue is that my hostname got flagged by Google Safe Browsing. That was cleared up this morning, right around the same time it magically started working.