HAProxy Configuration Assistance

Hi everyone,

I’ve got HAProxy setup already with PfSense doing HTTP>HTTPS direction and all for a handful of internal hosted sites. However I’m currently setting up Vaultwarden, and I can’t seem to figure out the right config to make it work.

Info here on the requirements: Enabling WebSocket notifications · dani-garcia/vaultwarden Wiki · GitHub

And two examples here at the bottom: Proxy examples · dani-garcia/vaultwarden Wiki · GitHub

To me it seems those examples are from an older version which uses a different formatting?

But using the GUI in pfsense, I don’t seem to be able to make either of those examples work for me, with my most recent attempt being:

I’ve tried multiple varieties, depending on which then when I navigate to /notificaitons/hub I either get a page with nothing but {} on… or 503 No server is available to handle this request… which feels like it might be the right one, yet no joy.

I’m sure this is simple, but I just can’t crack it! Any help would be appreciated!

…And then just like that… I figured it out. For anyone else in the future, i’ll post this in a few places too:

In your FrontEnd, you need to have 4 separate Actions; ACL1, ACL2, ACL3, ACL4; where 1&2 point to your normal Backend, and 3&4 point to the Notifications backend. Then 4 ACL’s like so:

Also, ensure Default backend is set to the normal one. (i’m not overly fond of this, but only way I can get it to work currently)

1 Like

I’ve updated the examples page to include this

1 Like

Just a note for anyone in the future… check out the proxy examples link, i’ve updated it with a better configuration.