Is there audit log in roadmap?

Hi,

I use bitwardenrs for my personnal use, and i would present thé product to my company.
Compare to Bitwarden enterprise, why there is no audit log on bitwardenrs ? Is it possible to get the feature ?
Thanks

I have a start for this on my fork. But it is quite some work and integration. And to busy with other stuff. But i do want to finish it.

1 Like

You can add logging with some env variables

LOG_FILE = /path/to/dockerconfig/bitwardenrs.log

LOG_LEVEL = info,debug …ect

can even add

EXTENDED_LOGGING = true

Thanks for your reply and for your work, i will wait :slight_smile:

I had already add some log in my docker-compose but it is’nt my need, i would like find as the same feature in the official version of bitwarden with the audit access log, for looking who search and modify one password on the organisation vault

Hi I am relatively new to vaultwarden, my department at work self hosts a licensed bitwarden and I am now using vaultwarden outside of work, Just wondering how this feature is coming along?

I would contribute $ if there is a bounty for this feature.

Hi. I’m also looking for the same feature. And the very good news is, it’s already there in the master branch, although it’s not yet in the released version. Thank you @BlackDex for the great work. I love it.

I would like to ask for a bit improvement though. My request is probably already within development.

The way it’s currently working is the browser collects the events and send them by batch per certain time interval. It’s working pretty well. But I see a bit of problem: when the user closes the page, the user events will not be recorded, because right now the time interval is pretty big. From my test, it was between 30-60 seconds.

I believe it’s better to send it right after the user do the action to view/copy/save but right before the password gets copied to the clipboard or saved.

That isn’t possible right now. At least not in a nice way and not dynamically.
This is build-in into the web-vault on how this works.

I also do not want to patch this, the main reason is performance impact. Also, we can not patch the other clients, like mobile and extension, which do the same, so in my opinion it’s best to leave it as is.