Can't disable admin page

Hello,

I’m using Vaultwarden on a Nas with docker image.
I have used DISABLE_ADMIN_TOKEN=true but the admin page is still accessible.

When I look on the console of the docker env are :

HOSTNAME=vaultwarden-server1                                                                                                                                               
DISABLE_ADMIN_TOKEN=true                                                                                                                                                   
ROCKET_WORKERS=10                                                                                                                                                          
PWD=/                                                                                                                                                                      
INVITATIONS_ALLOWED=false                                                                                                                                                  
TZ=Europe/Paris                                                                                                                                                            
HOME=/root                                                                                                                                                                 
ROCKET_PORT=80                                                                                                                                                             
ROCKET_ENV=staging                                                                                                                                                         
SIGNUPS_ALLOWED=false                                                                                                                                                      
TERM=xterm                                                                                                                                                                 
SHLVL=1                                                                                                                                                                    
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin                                                                                                          
_=/usr/bin/env 

I don’t understand why it do that.
I have several time delete / run / add Disable option : not working

I suppose answer if easy but I don’t founf anything

Thanks in advance

Regards

Well, disable admin token means disable the need of the token.
Set that value to false will make a token to be needed and would case you to need to input a token before you are allowed to enter the admin interface.

Hello,

thanks for this very quick answer.
The strange thing is that even with this option password was needed.
I remove it and set strong pass in admin console.

Does exists possibility to avoid access to it ?

thanks

I think you have a password configured via the reverse proxy.
The admin interface can only be accessed by setting the ADMIN_TOKEN with a random string, or by setting the previous setting you mentioned to true.

Having no ADMIN_TOKEN set means it is disabled and not accessable.

2 Likes

Thanks

sorry for this question so …
It works fine now.

Regards