Anyone seeing webauthn errors with latest brave and Bw extesnion?

my brave updated today 1.48.158 and since it updated i can no longer log into the bw extension 2023.1.0 & my vaultwarden (1.27) using webauthn (yubikey bio)
error shows:
“not allowed error: webauthn is not supported on site with TLS certificate errors”

(this has been fine for past weeks… and is still fine if using EDGE or the previous version of brave 1.47.186 is still working fine on another of my machines.

saw this over at bitwarden forums seems related (i posted there also on braves forums)

just wondering if anyone else using latest brave version has similar issues or has found any fix?

appears its not just brave but all chromium and bitwarden are planning a fix on github [PS-2176] Open WebAuthn Prompt in New Tab for all browser extensions by justindbaur · Pull Request #4695 · bitwarden/clients · GitHub

1 Like

Glad to see this is already noticed. I just installed vaultwarden and worried I made a mistake, since I was getting the same error. Hope the browser updates get pushed soon.

1 Like

Let us now what kind of a certificate are you utilizing. Is it a self-signed one or one from Let’s Encrypt?

Mine is lets encrypt

new updated bw extension today fixes this 2023.2.0
however its not very nice, instead of just tapping your yubikey, you now have to clcik a button in the extension, that opens a new tab, then you have to click a button in that tab, then press your key, then close the tab…
very clunky feeling, but works (it would though be as quick to type in a totp code than go through the new procedure)